Spork was almost running on JRuby, but it’s completely broken. I ran my
experiment where I created a new MRI rails application called
modified the Gemfile to include
I set up cucumber with
rails g cucumber:install.
I set up spork with
spork cucumber -b. I modify the
I set up guard with:
I edit the
Guardfile so that cucumber runs with
:cli => '--drb'.
I create some dummy feature files and I run
guard. This works perfectly on
MRI Ruby, but JRuby acts really flaky. First thing you notice is the error
16:02:45 - INFO - Running all features SocketError: bind: name or service not known bind at org/jruby/ext/socket/RubyUDPSocket.java:160 initialize at /Users/ckim/.rvm/rubies/jruby-1.7.1/lib/ruby/1.9/rinda/ring.rb:35 (root) at ring_server.rb:7
Second thing you notice is that the color is gone if it runs your features. Sometimes it decides not to run it.
If you run
cucumber on the command line it complains that there is no DRb
euler:jfoo ckim$ cucumber --drb Using the default profile... file:/Users/ckim/.rvm/rubies/jruby-1.7.1/lib/jruby.jar!/jruby/java/java_package_module_template.rb:11 warning: `eval' should not be aliased WARNING: No DRb server is running. Running features locally:
But you can see that it connected from looking at the spork output log.
I did the same thing using MRI Ruby and everything worked. No problems at all. I’m beginning to hate JRuby even though there’s nothing with with JRuby itself. The gem support really sucks.
I tested RSpec and that seems to work fine on JRuby so I’ll need to convert my test over.