I’ve been having a hard time trying to get
capybara-webkit (version 1.0.0)
working on my rails app using cucumber using JRuby. When I run
see this error
I suspected it might have something to do with the jruby version, so I created a new Rails app using the MRI ruby and it worked perfectly. I also tried using RSpec instead of Cucumber, and it had the same problem.
JRuby is nowhere close to the maturity of MRI Ruby. The usual gems like
looksee is not able to be installed. My experience with
capybara-webkit showed me that even if I managed to get it to install, there
is no guarantee that it would work. It’s tempting to scrap JRuby and go back
to MRI, but I’m not sure how I would handle Clojure. I could make the Clojure
code run as a server but I think that defeats the learning experience of trying
to get it integrated.