Optimization by using symbols
ruby-prof told me that there are too many string comparisons. I modified the
board structure from array of strings to array of symbols. This did make it
faster, but it’s still too slow. I would have done more today, but I was
feeling really sore from playing tennis last night but my body craved sleep.
Spent most of today running errands. I also went to Daniel Dye’s barbeque
yesterday as a celebration of winning the Hillsborough Hackathon last week.
He’s a PhD student along with my other teammate, Semiha Caliskan, and they’re
going to write a paper on it. I think we decided that we want to continue the
project and make it real instead of just a working prototype.